desparately seeking java-based help

Subject: desparately seeking java-based help
From: Ruth Glaser <ruthg -at- GORETEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 15:25:11 -0500

I've spent the last hour searching Sun's java sites for information about their forthcoming
java-based help solution. I couldn't find anything. Does anyone have a specific URL?

BTW, is anyone else really irritated by NetHelp and HTML Help being represented
as platform independent? Technically they are. However, they aren't *browser*
independent. I find it amazing that java is fast becoming the programming environment
of choice, primarily because it is platform and browser independenty, yet we
technical communicators have no similar platform/browser independent
development environment for online help. (Anyone else keeping their fingers crossed
for java-based help development tools?)

Ruth
rglaser -at- nxtrend -dot- com