Re: Sex discrimination (was Who are we?)

Subject: Re: Sex discrimination (was Who are we?)
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 11:14:53 -0400

In a message dated 97-05-22 10:26:44 EDT, dray -at- CELCORE -dot- COM (Donald Ray)
writes:

<< In the telecommunications industry there is always a severe shortage of
"good" technical writers maybe that's why there is no discrimination.

When I was still in the programming world, I noticed that there were far more
minorities and immigrants. Also, not only were there a lot of women, but
there were a lot of women who'd worked in the field long enough to have
reached very high positions (for a long time, the head of Chase's Corporate
Operations and Systems group was a woman.)

When a skill is rare, it's much harder for a company to discriminate. No
matter what their corporate mindset.

Jim C.
Los Angeles