Re: Creating CBT's

Subject: Re: Creating CBT's
From: David Castro <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 18:58:50 -0700

>I'd second the origial question - Who's done this, with what?
>
>I believe the company for whom I may be writing some does the actual
>programming in Visual Basic.

I wrote a small set of CBT tutorials for a version 1 software product (talk
about frustrating...the functionality changed every time I turned around!).
I used Macromedia Director, and would recommend this product for anyone who
is new to multimedia, who wants fast turnaround time, and can afford $1,000
out of the doc. budget.

Of course, as in the post that I'm responding to, if you can do it in
Visual Basic/Delphi/other RAD programming languages, then you can both
direct users and allow them to interact with real data, rather than having
screen-capture based multimedia, as Director allows you to do. (Actually,
if you get into the heavy-duty stuff, you can script some pseudo-data into
the Director multimedia, but it'd be easier in a RAD language...).

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com