Re: Advice on digital cameras (video capture)

Subject: Re: Advice on digital cameras (video capture)
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 12:52:44 -0400

In a message dated 97-05-27 11:48:28 EDT, Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM (Bob
Morrisette) writes:

<< The most effective has been using video pictures of an assembly process.
You play the video and capture the correct frames for editing with PhotoShop
and
Illustrator, if necessary. >>

Does anyone use Play's Snappy utility? It costs about $200 and works with
conventional video input.

I haven't done any comparisons at all for quality with digital cameras, but
if you'd like an idea of how the results appear, I've got several scenes from
movies done as 'flipbooks' (in animated .GIF's*) on my (actor's) home page
(see below).

Kind of a kludgey solution, but cheap, and it might work for some of the
purposes mentioned.

Jim Chevallier
Los Angeles
* Feel free to copy/share for examples.