Re: How to Improve Your Own Writing

Subject: Re: How to Improve Your Own Writing
From: Buck & Tilly Buchanan <writer -at- DHC -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 16:17:50 -0500

Here's an interesting post from another list.

Don't flame me for anything in this; my butt is already burning.

Re: salaries
Date:
Tue, 03 Jun 1997 08:12:36 -0700
From:
nora von gerichten <nvonger -at- interchg -dot- ubc -dot- ca>

I am in Canada, and do not want to align myself with the very poor image
that consultants have.

I charge clients a monthly monitoring fee of $400. For me to turn my
computer on and start writing, I charge a 1% non-refundable retainer.
If
there is an award, a further 7% is charged.

Most of the proposals I write in between $75,000 and $300,000. I have
structured this closer to commissions on venture capital. Most of the
$300,000 proposals are for R&D grants. The lower end is more likely for
govt tenders.

Nora
Vancouver

Buck Buchanan