Demo-it or similar software

Subject: Demo-it or similar software
From: John New <johnn -at- JOLT -dot- MPX -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 09:23:34 +1000

I'm the only tech writer in a small software development company. I've
been asked to seek out some software that we can use to create demos of
our software products. The idea is that I'll help our developers to
create demos that show off our products on the internet, at trade shows,
and so on. Probably both interactive and self-running demos.

I've discovered a product called demo-it (marketed by a company called
PROVANTAGE (http://www.provantage.com/). I've gathered some information
from their web site but, unfortunately, they don't have an evaluation
version that I can look at. Nor is there an Australian distributor.

I have a few questions. Has anyone used demo-it? If so, what is your
opinion of it? Is there similar software available? Finally, what advice
could you give to someone who is creating demos for the first time?

--John