Re: Which software to use?

Subject: Re: Which software to use?
From: Bob Morrisette <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 14:12:31 -0700

> From Carol_Waggener-A1402C -at- EMAIL -dot- MOT -dot- COM Fri Jun 6 13:53:36 1997
> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 13:18:00 -0500
> From: Carol Waggener-A1402C <Carol_Waggener-A1402C -at- EMAIL -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
> Subject: Which software to use?
> To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
>
> We are currently in the process of evaluating software for creation of
> large documents. Any suggestions?
>
> The three we are considering are:
>
> 1. PageMaker
> 2. FrameMaker
> 3. Interleaf
>
> Any pros/cons or preferences would be appreciated.
>
> Carol Waggener
> Motorola Corporation

When I suffered through five years at Motorola, we used Frame.

PageMaker is totally unsuitable for large documents.

Interleaf is bloated and very expensive. The archives contain
several good papers comparing the two. Here, we have Interleaf
and Frame. The publications group uses Frame. The popular name
for Interleaf is Intergrief.

You might consider trying demo versions of each one.

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- sun -dot- com