Re: Frame 4 vs. Frame 5

Subject: Re: Frame 4 vs. Frame 5
From: Bob Morrisette <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 14:12:40 -0700

From: Dave Meek <meekd -at- WSERVER -dot- DO -dot- LOSRIOS -dot- CC -dot- CA -dot- US>

At 01:18 PM 6/5/97 -0700, Bob Morrisette wrote:
>much material snipped<
>>Why would anyone want to use Version 4?

>For me, the answer is: cost.

>The last price I saw for FrameMaker 5.* was nearly $900.00. I work
>contracts in which I use the client's machines and software. My lack of
>FrameMaker experience has cost me several extremely lucrative jobs where the
>client has only FrameMaker.

Dave,

If I lost several lucrative jobs because I didn't have $900
for FrameMaker, you can be sure I'd find the $900 somewhere
or use my credit card.

I suggest that you shop around. For example, Frame 5 for PC or Mac
is $607 at Tiger Software, 1-800-888-4437. I've bought lots
of goodies from them.

Good luck.

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- sun -dot- com