Re: Levity in the workplace

Subject: Re: Levity in the workplace
From: Robert Barlow-Busch <robert -at- ZONE4 -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 15:12:21 -0400

> How do you make your job fun?

Well, our team used to have a blast by having special theme days each week.
We would have to follow each day's theme (or "rule") for at least the
morning (some of them were way too difficult for an entire day!).

Unfortunately, I've misplaced my comprehensive list of "days", but here are
a few that I remember:

- Minimal arm movement day
- Hit the delete key with your nose day
- Synonymic homonym day (a tough one: you replace each noun and verb in a
sentence with a homonym, then replace that with a synonym)
- Eat like your favorite animal day
- Dramatic pause at the end of each sentence day (or "Talk like you're on
Young and the Restless" day)
- Descriptive dialogic conversation day (i.e., you must add "I pensively
said" or "he queried" and such stuff after everything you say)
- Reverse inflection day

Robert Barlow-Busch
robert -at- zone4 -dot- com