Re: Managing Skills

Subject: Re: Managing Skills
From: Matthew J Long <mjl100z -at- MAIL -dot- ODU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:17:03 -0400

Dayna,

I am a new tech writer who wishes he had a manager that would learn how to
manage, so I appreciate your request. Frankly, I think I could do a better
job at management with my red pen tied behind my back, but unfortunately I
don't have that luxury....

Yet!

For a cool resource for managers, check out Coummunication briefings at:

http://www.combriefings.com

You can get a free copy of their monthly newsletter, plus they have all
kind of tips online. I haven't subscribed yet, but it looks like a cool
place to start!!

regards!

-Matt Long
"Tech Writer with an attitude!"

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Dayna Hebermehl wrote:

> Dayna Hebermehl -at- LEWIS COMPUTER SERVICES
> 06/17/97 01:57 PM
>
> Does anyone have a GOOD reference to recommend on developing managing
> skills, or coordinating team efforts? I'm a Lead Technical writer who works
> with 2 Technical Writers and need to develop better management skills.

> to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands
> browse the archives at http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html

Matthew J. Long
Technical Writer
mjl100z -at- mail -dot- odu -dot- edu
matt -dot- long -at- justice -dot- usdoj -dot- gov

-When you can't be eloquent, choose brevity!