PDF file questions

Subject: PDF file questions
From: Jill Burgchardt <jburgcha -at- PESTILENCE -dot- FTC -dot- NRCS -dot- USDA -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:44:46 -0600

Hi,

I've just created several pdf files for a manual that has lots of graphics. When the manual was
printed on our HP as a Word 7 .doc file the graphics came out beautifully. The clarity of the
graphics on the HP postscript printer is good when I print the pdf files, but the graphics are all
much darker than they were on the doc file printout. I'm afraid this is going to cause problems
when the manual is printed (we must submit pdfs). I don't want our final manuals to have
dark, hard to read graphics.

Any idea what causes this or what I may be doing wrong? I checked the archives, but couldn't
find this particular problem.

Thanks,
Jill Burgchardt