Video screen capture

Subject: Video screen capture
From: Alessandro Bottoni <albo -at- CADLAB -dot- IT>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 15:24:28 +0200

I would like to capture just a part of my screen to an AVI - QT clip and put the movie inside a Winhelp 4.0 page or an HTML document.

I tried to use MS Camcorder but it does not allow to define the capture window (it captures the whole screen). Of course, I cannot insert a 800x600 AVI movie inside my page.

I tried to use Adobe Premiere to crop the AVI but it allows to crop just 20% of the captured screen, all around it.This is too little: I need to cut away a large part of the original screen.

Does anybody know any other software or technique to crop the AVI movie to, say, 240x180 pixel?

Thanks for your attention