Re[2]: where to find compact disc logo

Subject: Re[2]: where to find compact disc logo
From: Matthew Flynn <maflynn -at- DTTUS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 08:46:47 CST

I found the logo at:

http://www-us.philips.com/sv/newtech/cd.html

It's not exactly photo-ready quality, though. You may want to contact
Philips via the page above.

Cheers,
Matt Flynn

Subject: Re: where to find compact disc logo
Author: Matt Ion <soundy -at- direct -dot- ca> at INTERNET-USA
Date: 7/1/97 8:39 PM

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997 15:48:23 -0500, Tracy Boyington wrote:

>Does anybody know where I can find a decent copy of the official compact
>disc logo? We're supposed to put it on the art for a CD. This is the
>logo that appears on CDs and CD players.

You might see if Philips (one 'l') has a web site - they're the
inventors of the format, and I would expect the owners of the logo.
Sony may have something as well, as they were also involved in CD
development.

Okay, I did a bit of the legwork myself - http://www.philips.com works
:-) There are nice WebTV and DVD logos right there on the main page.
Had to change browsers, too, since there are @*^&$)_ frames all over
the place :-( Gads, tons of broken HTML on the Marantz pages as well!

Anyway, no luck on finding a "Compact Disc Digital Audio" logo, but I
dropped Philips an email asking about it. Nothing substantial on
www.sony.com either.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>