Re: MSWord different spacing on multiple workstations

Subject: Re: MSWord different spacing on multiple workstations
From: "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 11:40:53 -0400

All of the factors mentioned in other responses to your posting are
indeed possible causes of your problem. It's worth pointing out,
though, that many of these issues relate directly to Windows
printer driver, font, and screen display technologies and are
therefore issues that are common to _any_ Windows-based word
processor or DTP application (although most DTP programs go to
a lot of trouble to minimize them).

It's also worth pointing out that these kind of problems are exactly
what Adobe Acrobat was designed to avoid. The PDF file that
Acrobat generates essentially contains images of the final pages
rather than the "source code" that a word processor uses to
compose the pages. Unless you specifically need to distribute
an electronic form that can be edited/modified, Acrobat is a
vastly superior method for distributing print-it-yourself documents.

Fred Ridder (mailto:f -dot- ridder -at- dialogic -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corporation, Parsippany, NJ

And to keep our marketing people happy:
Get the Dialogic Edge at: http://www.dialogic.com