Re: Techwr-l Recurring Reduces (plural of redux, no? :)

Subject: Re: Techwr-l Recurring Reduces (plural of redux, no? :)
From: "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 14:35:04 -0400

I'm not sure Jim's idea is practical if what he has in mind is an
exhaustive list of all topics that have been discussed. But I do
think there is merit to the concept of providing a list of those topics
that cause an irresistable "ARRGH" response among long-time
list readers. This would include the list already posted plus some
of the common "holy war" topics such as:
Is Frame really better than MS Word?
Should passive voice ever be used? (passive construction
intentional)
Various political correctness issues
If new members had a specific list of topics to avoid in postings
(unless they have a _new_ issue on the topic that is not in
the archives), perhaps we'd all waste a lot less time and energy
complaining about recurrences and reduxes (_not_ "reduces")
and perhaps improve our reputation as an unfriendly list. Of
course for this to succeed, we'd have to assume that new list
members would actually read the list any more closely than
they seem to read the informative footer that the listserver appends
to every posting.

My $.02

Fred Ridder (mailto:f -dot- ridder -at- dialogic -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corporation, Parsippany, NJ

And to keep our marketing people happy:
Get the Dialogic Edge at: http://www.dialogic.com