JOB: Johnston (Des Moines) Iowa, USA

Subject: JOB: Johnston (Des Moines) Iowa, USA
From: "Engstrom, Douglas D." <EngstromDD -at- PHIBRED -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 08:48:49 -0500

Folks:

I admit that it's not readily apparent that we're looking for a writer,
here. However, the key piece of this job is business analysis, and
writers are some of the best analysts I know. The technical skill level
needed to set up the info systems is not all that great; if you can
handle Access Basic, WordBasic, etc., you can probably deal with the
technical end. (Although COBOL is probably the best preparation for
ABAP/4.) Advantage: you get to be on the programmer pay scale.

Quest is the name of our R/3 implementation project. R/3 is a software
package published by SAP AG of Waldorf, Germany. It replaces
essentially all the software on the transaction-driven side of the
business: General Ledger, A/P, A/R, Payroll & other HR stuff, shipping,
inventory control, Sales & Distribution, etc., etc., etc.

Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. is the world's largest seed company,
$1.3 billion in revenues, 42% North American corn market share,
approximately 25% total seed market share, worldwide. Though focused on
the North American corn belt, the company is growing internationally,
especially in Europe. Although focused on corn and soybeans, the
company has interests in many of the major commercial crops, including
alfalfa, canola, sunflowers, wheat and sorghum. Obviously, farm
background is a plus, but not an absolute necessity.

The job is at the main campus in Johnston, Iowa, a suburb of Des Moines.
Amenities include hiking trail, pond, close to shopping and ample
greenspace.

This is the job I'm doing at the moment. I'm leaving it to return to a
product support position in the same company. I'd be happy to respond
privately to any questions about the company or the position. (This
position also comes with an unusual bennie: a very good department
manager.)

Doug Engstrom
engstromdd -at- phibred -dot- com

JOB TITLE Application Software Developer
(Job Classification: Application Developer)

REPORTS TO Quest Information and Quality Project Manager

DEPT Quest Information and Quality
(Information Management)

LOCATION Johnston, Iowa

JOB PURPOSE

Participate in project teams to design, develop, implement and support
information delivery systems worldwide.

DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES

Work with Quest project team to identify, analyze and document
information
delivery needs. Create information structures within SAP R/3 and
external Sybase tables for staging and reporting of data.
Develop reports using ABAP/4, Report Writer/Painter and Focus.
Participate in the research, selection and implementation of new
reporting
and data warehousing tools.

Develop a comprehensive understanding of business strategies and
processes
to enable innovative and flexible system solutions. Maintain awareness
of
the information technology industry and Pioneer IM initiatives.
Work closely with other IM and Quest groups to coordinate development of
related projects.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS DESIRED

Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems management,
or
an equivalent combination of education and experience.

COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED

Minimum of one year experience in software application analysis and
development. The department is especially interested in candidates with
SAP R/3, Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, Sybase, and strong analytical
skills.
Self-starter with proven ability to work independently within project
boundaries and as a participant in a project team. Excellent
communication,
organizational, and time management skills required. Ability to work as
part
of a team with individuals of different cultural backgrounds.

START DATE Immediately

CONTACT PERSON Employment Services - #97-0095
Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.
4445 Corporate Drive - Box 65000
West Des Moines, Iowa 50265-5000
E-mail Address: Jobs -at- phibred -dot- com

APPLICATION DEADLINE July 11, 1997

Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer.

Before applying for this position, please consult your local
immigration
office if the position is outside your country.

You are encouraged to inform individuals outside the company
of this opportunity.