Re: job angst

Subject: Re: job angst
From: Sharilyn Mildon <SMildon -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 23:08:56 -0400

Life is short. Go for it.

One caveat. Beware the "they are going to add more goodies later" arguments.
They probably won't. When I joined my current company, I was assured that a
corporate wide telecommuting and flex-time policy was in the works. Three
years later, we still wait. Other similar "promises" are also in the
permanently pending file.

However, if you can accept the situation as is, and it sounds like a better
way to spend your days, just make sure that the pay is enough to at least
partially compensate you for your lost goodies.