Release Notes

Subject: Release Notes
From: Eric Peterson <Eric_Peterson -at- WWSCAN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 09:57:55 -0400

I'm the tech writer for a small software company (Executech - look us up at
www.executech.com). Our release notes are fairly thorough and do include
screen captures and actual step-by-step instructions. My rule of thumb is
if I write it correctly for the release notes, I can pop that section out
and plug it into the actual manual with minimal rewriting (however, I often
elaborate upon it in the manual). I document new features (which are
constant) first in the release notes. Once that section has been reviewed
and approved, I add it to the appropriate chapter - therefore, I always
know the most up-to-date documented information is in the release notes.

- Eric