gauging interest in book idea

Subject: gauging interest in book idea
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 17:27:32 -0400

Hi, all,

I'd like to gauge your interest. I've contributed to several
Que books on technical subjects (networking and programming),
but now I'm approaching several publishers about writing a book
on information development project management. I'm finishing up
a much more detailed proposal, but thought I'd do some preliminary
market research here :)

Why not get Hackos' book, you say, and save myself a lot of time?

Well, I have Managing Your Documentation Projects and
don't plan on duplicating Hackos' work. I employ a different
model and approach--a change in the way "documentation"
is viewed, used, and developed--exploiting the best and worst of
advancements (using the term loosely ;) in the field of software
development and pubs development. I plan on discussing both theory
and practice--but mostly practice, including helpful tips,
checklists, templates, and other resources included on a CD--
designed to help you implement, manage, and measure your efforts.
I plan on addressing hardcopy and online docs, online help, EPSSs,
and so on. I also plan on evaluating different tools and
implementation approaches, and providing examples for small, medium,
and large organizations.

Now, my questions to you:

-Are you looking for a book that offers a proven approach to
developing quality information efficiently?

-If you already have Hackos' book, would you consider buying another?

-Is there anything in particular you'd like to see in this book?

-Do you have any other comments or suggestions?

Please send your replies directly to me, instead of cluttering
up the lists. I appreciate your time!

Thanks,
Alexia
--