(Fwd) Re: Master's Degree

Subject: (Fwd) Re: Master's Degree
From: "T. Mazza" <tmazz -at- KODIAK -dot- ADAMS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 10:28:49 -0400

I believe Katherin King wrote:

>>Halfway through a masters program in Professional Writing I had
professors tell me there really wasn't anything they could teach me. <<

No flame, just a thought...

Where did you go to school? What courses where they teaching you?

When I was doing my master's program (finished it five years ago), I felt as
though I could have stayed in school for ever and still not learn everything
there was to learn. Besides the basic writing, editing and grammar courses, we
were required to take linguistics, rhetoric, literature, research theory, etc.
The wealth of info to be acquired from those classes was great. There is so
much to learn about language, that I don't think anyone could say that there
isn't anything more they could learn!?!? Even now, after n linguistics classes,
I pick up a linguistics book and learn something new.

--
(As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.)

Theodora Mazza (tmazz -at- adams -dot- com)