Mark Twain

Subject: Mark Twain
From: "E,T, Hull" <ethull -at- WORLDACCESS -dot- NL>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 23:02:26 +0200

> "If I'd had more time, I would have written a shorter letter."
>
> --Mark Twain
>
> Chris Horton
> AT&T Wireless Services

Thanks for the quote - I had forgotten that one. I think it is worth a
thread on this list. Keeping a text short and to-the-point is difficult,
time consuming and expensive for the writer but it saves the reader a lot.
Assuming that there are many more readers than writers the net result
should be time and money saving - or have I got it wrong?

Ed Hull
Professional English
Vught, The Netherlands