Re: How does one overcome...

Subject: Re: How does one overcome...
From: barryk -at- MDHOST -dot- CSE -dot- TEK -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 10:13:06 -0700

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, Becca Price wrote:

> Barry Kieffer wrote:
>
> >>If you are ever asked:
>

> "What could a female actually know about tech. writing and
> computers?" not stated but thought objection???
>
> RUN AWAY!
>
> YOU DO NOT WANT TO WORK THERE!<<
>
>>> That's easy for you to say. Would you have answered the same, tho, if
>>> the question
>>> had been "what could a black actually know about..."?
>>>
>>> -becca

Becca,

A mentor once told me "You have to pick your battles carefully."

You do not want to confront a biased interviewer.

If you are looking for a job, look for a job.

If you are looking for discrimination, you will find it everywhere you
look.

If you are offended during an interview, by the interviewer, why would you
want to waste any more of you valuable time there?

There are butt-heads all over the place. Avoid them. You can't fight every
battle.

-Barry Kieffer