Re: How does one overcome... -Reply

Subject: Re: How does one overcome... -Reply
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:56:10 -0400

Hmmm. My answer today (in a strong market in which
I have specialized skills), is that I don't have time
for that B.S. anymore. I'd look elsewhere, and it
would be their loss. Sure, they might find someone
else, but eventually their attitudes are going to
screw them. The good people will go elsewhere and
contribute to other companies.

However, when I was in a tight market in which there
weren't many jobs, I just made darn sure I knew my
stuff and was technical and professional. Period.
Some people outgrew their small minds and others
didn't.

I acted with integrity and didn't feel like a doormat
in either situation. Depended on the market and
my BS-tolerance factor, which rises as my finances
decrease ;)

A.
--
Alexia Prendergast