Java-based help solution - a candidate

Subject: Java-based help solution - a candidate
From: Mary McCauley-Stiff <Mary_McCauley-Stiff -at- STRATUS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 08:10:00 -0400

Hello,

I have seen postings on this list before regarding Java-based help
solutions (of which there are not many), so I think this is of enough
interest to post. This is *not* an advertisement - I am just a poor
technical writer pulling my hair out for some Java help!

I just found a product called Jelp (http://www.jelp.com) that is a
Java-based help solution. Basically, you can convert *.RTF files to a
Java format. Future plans include an HTML to Java conversion.

The site includes a white paper, FAQ, and documentation, as well as the
opportunity to download the beta. Jelp is currently uses JDK 1.02, so ya
gotta have that to use it. They are promising JDK 1.1 support in the 3rd
quarter.

Hope this is helpful (and hasn't been posted already!).

Mary McCauley-Stiff

mary_mccauley-stiff -at- stratus -dot- com
Atlanta, GA