Re: Reuse of text/modular information

Subject: Re: Reuse of text/modular information
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:28:04 -0400

Just because we are using mod docs doesn't mean
we forgo proofing the final product ;)

We handle the context changes with conditional text.

We proof our finals, because, as you point out,
while it's great that we can update one file that
is reused in several docs, it's just as easy to
make one mistake that appears in several docs.
We handle this using version control software and
labels to make sure that the final product has been
proofed and is preserved. Then, we update, update,
update all our projects, then update the final for
the next release, and so on. (Just as with non-modular
docs)

We have ways... :)
--
Alexia Prendergast