[no subject]

From: Steven Warren <Steven_Warren -at- USGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 16:04:20 -0400

Lynn wrote:

With this in mind, I say someone who can make it without a degree is often
smarter and more capable than someone who got their job by getting straight
A's through school. I'm not saying "always" or knocking straight A
students; I'm only saying degree-snobs only rob themselves of excellent
employees.

You say you aren't knocking but it seems to me by saying someone who can
make it without a degree is often more capable is a severe flame despite
saying not always or "knocking A students". Personally, I don't care if
someone has a degree or not. It does not matter how hard it was to get
your degree or that you were in financial ruin at the time. If you do it,
be proud of yourself and don't make statement that make non-degree
professionals better. I NEVER once said someone with a degree is better.
NOT ONCE. But yet after posting my message, many people without degrees
said they were better. Who cares. I just FEEL that having a degree should
not be looked at in a negative fashion when it is a serious accomplishment.

I worked hard for my degree and I paid for it myself and it was difficult.
Anyway, that is all I have to say.