Re: ADMIN Advice

Subject: Re: ADMIN Advice
From: Richard Yanowitz <ryanowit -at- NYCT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:53:03 -0400

>> Address the
>> issues (that is, what people SAY, not what you read
>> into what they say), and nothing else.
>>
>Would that it were that easy, words being the slithery things that they are.

Yeah, reading/intepretation is everything.

And subtext is...everything? Well it's a lot, anyhow.

On the other hand, there's a good relationship principle when you're
dealing with touchy matters, which is to ask, "Is such-and-such what you
meant?" And making "I' statements--"I think," "I feel"--rather than "you"
statements can often de-fuse animosity, too.

Richard Yanowitz, NYC
mailto:ryanowitz -at- bigfoot -dot- com

Freelance writers (including tech writers): join the National Writers Union
for contract help, grievances, health benefits, lobbying, community....

For further information, e-mail me or contact the union directly:
web site: http://www.nwu.org/nwu/
e-mail: nwu -at- nwu -dot- org