? "Technical" = Male ?

Subject: ? "Technical" = Male ?
From: Pat Gantt <pagantt -at- POSTOFFICE -dot- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 16:19:24 -0500

Just an example of how life really is...
A reaction to a technical send to him explaining
why his mail formatting was not acceptable to email
readers at large. I was helping out of the flame
war he created. Things really haven't changed.
They just have appeared to change... Technical = Male.

From: [Male from PA]

[He called me that, I did not initiate the subject line of
"technical question" I merely answered]

UNIX mailer universities have forced people to use instead of
the rich text formatting programs 'we' are comfortable with?
Occasionally I send sounds and video clips along with messages.
This is like going back to CPM!</p>
[no kidding Sherlock, I used CPM before he did]

standardization, and less of these problems. The thing that drives me
nuts--is this still an o.k. word?, is that I can't 'see' what people
receive so I can't analyze the message string to see what has gone
wrong--my encoding, their processing or viewing? I harken back to the
days of printing out hex to see every element of a text message and
painstakingly analyzing each piece of code!</p]
[his name]

[I politely asked him to visit my site and told him
I was not Mr. Pat Gantt.]

I'm going to be as rough with you as I would with any man, so don't
think you can pull that gender stuff with me, no maam, I won't be
holding back any punches, or anything.</p>
<snip>

I am interested in how technology effects the world of
work and preparing our traditional and non-traditional
students.</p>

Professional Engineer husband doesn't cut me slack. Why should you?</p>

I do get rather tired of the Mr. Pat Gantt stuff tho. Just
lable me SNL Pat....<snip>

Yup, neat site, busy, attractive, lots of interest points----sorry, but
I'm teaching a class to school technology leaders on Friday who want to
be able to evaluate educational software and web sites, so rubric jargon
is slipping into my regular speech the last couple of hours.
<snip>

Best Regards,
~~~~,,.
~~~~~~(o o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~oOO==(_)==OOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pat Gantt
Personal email ~ pagantt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net
The University of Tennessee, M.S. HRD
VoTech Guide ~ The Mining Company
Business Mail ~ votech -dot- guide -at- miningco -dot- com
http://votech.miningco.com
GO VOLS! .oooO Oooo.
( ) ( )
\ ( ) /