Inappropriate interview....(Long but I'm

Subject: Inappropriate interview....(Long but I'm
From: "Virginia J. Link" <LINKVI -at- MAIL -dot- STATE -dot- WI -dot- US>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 16:04:55 -0500

Diane Moran wrote:

<snip...

I had a rather annoying interview last night, over the phone. I was
called by a human resource person from a private company to "screen"
me before I go to a formal interview with the company I'm interested
in. She asked me about 5 technical writing related questions...then
started prodding into work environment questions.

and...

1. Describe a time that you acted totally inappropriate and
nonprofessional in your work environment....and what was the end
result?

2. What are some criticisms that have been given to you about your
work?

end snip>

Geez, Diane, you have no idea how glad I was to see your post about
inappropriate "interview" questions, not because I think it's good practice
or should be tolerated, but because I thought I was the only one this had
happened to..... Please respond to me off line. (My email strips out the
sender's address or I would have responded to you privately. )

Virginia Link
mailto: linkvi -at- mail -dot- state -dot- wi -dot- us