ref: use MAILTO:NAME -at- PROVIDER format in sigs . . .

Subject: ref: use MAILTO:NAME -at- PROVIDER format in sigs . . .
From: A Watkins <awatkins -at- POBOX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 02:36:08 -0500

> When you write your email in your signature, consider writing
> it with a
> mailto: prefix, as follows:
>
> mailto:myname -at- myserver -dot- com
>
> Then the signature will be a live link in most browsers (just
> like any http://www.site.com becomes a link). Readers can
click
> on your
> signature to respond.
>
> Lionel
> respond to: mailto:lionelw -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il

Good advice. Just remember not to space after mailto:

If you include the entire URL for a Website, not just what
follows the protocol identifier, it will also become a
clickable link in most browsers (Navigator and Explorer).

cf: www.gtech.com -and-
http://www.gtech.com

Be sure to space before and after the URL
(I usually use two in each place or put the URL on its
own line), and edit out all spaces within the URL.

Just makes it easier for us to navigate to your site
or to flame, err, reply to you.

Regards,
Aldo (don't hate me because I have a degree)
Tech Scribe, GTECH Software Engineering
mailto:awatkins -at- gtech -dot- com
http://www.gtech.com