Re: Interview-Update

Subject: Re: Interview-Update
From: Jeanette Feldhousen <jeanette_feldhousen -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:22:02 -0700

On Jul 23, 4:01pm, Elna Tymes wrote:

> [description of job offer of $24,000/year in around 1990 from HP]
>
> I know there are a fair number of companies out there with a serious
> disconnect from reality, but I hardly expected that from Hewlett
> Packard.

Lest anyone get the wrong idea from this, I want to say as a former HP
employee that this is in no way typical of HP's salary level. I think that
the division making this offer must have had the job scoped wrong.

Until recently, I was employed as a mid-level writer at HP, and my pay
was in a different ballpark than $24K. I just don't want anyone to be put
off by this and not apply to HP, assuming that they pay ridiculously low
salaries. They don't, and this must have been a mistake on the part of
one division.

--Jeanette

--
Jeanette Feldhousen jeanette_feldhousen -at- mentorg -dot- com
Mentor Graphics Corporation