Job in Toronto

Subject: Job in Toronto
From: Ritchie Borisenko <ritchie -at- INTERLOG -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 02:52:06 -0400

OK, actually it's in North York. If you know the area at all, you'll know
that it's just outside Toronto. The office is easily accessible via subway.

The position open is for a full-time, permanent, junior to intermediate
technical writer. I am the senior and currently only writer at the company.
I started there three months ago, and can honestly say that this is the best
place in which I have ever worked. They are generous, reasonable, and
committed to attracting and retaining the brightest, most innovative minds
they can find (but they made an exception in my case).

The company is growing like a gob of congealed lipids in the grease trap of
the french-fry cooker at McDonald's. This is an excellent opportunity for
the right individual to join an absolutely outstanding group of people.

Qualifications? The company prefers, but does not restrict itself to, those
with a post-secondary degree. Candidates should know FrameMaker on both UNIX
and Windows, and be comfortable working in either environment. Experience
with vector and bitmapped graphics is essential, as is an understanding of
their various formats. The writing involves network concepts, with overtones
of job-processing and scheduling.

We will have to output technical documentation in many forms: printed, HTML,
PostScript and PDF, online for Windows, online for X Windows, and UNIX man
page. I am hoping to move the information to SGML and build from there early
next year. The more a candidate knows about any and all of this, the better
suited to the job they will be.

Salary is, of course, dependant on qualifications, but as I've said, the
company is committed to retaining the people they like.

Please reply to me at: ritchie -at- platform -dot- com with a message highlighting your
related qualifications and experience, and telling us a little about
yourself. Include a phone number at which you can be contacted if a resume
is required.

Thanks.

Ritch Borisenko
Senior Technical Writer