Re: Friends at work? (was: Good interview questions)

Subject: Re: Friends at work? (was: Good interview questions)
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 13:54:31 -0400

Cathy Krusberg wrote:
>Is it really considered such a bad thing not to make friends
>at work? I've always studiously avoided it.

I, too, prefer to keep my work life separate from my social life most of
the time. Unfortunately, many corporate cultures define you as a 'team
player' with a 'good attitude' by whether or not you join the softball
team, play frisbee in the hall, trade wisecracks over the cube walls, make
nicy-nice at the water cooler, and join in departmental practical jokes.
Now, that stuff isn't necessarily all bad, but it's just not my idea of
fun. Of course, if they had a madrigal group or a chapter of the SCA, I
might be tempted.

Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
Technical writing / Editing / Document Design / Web site planning
"Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?" ___seen on the Net