Frame conversion to PDF: losing links

Subject: Frame conversion to PDF: losing links
From: Gen Whitt <Gen -dot- Whitt -at- SDINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 08:43:18 -0700

Hello y'all --

A colleague of mine is experimenting with converting our Frame doc files to
PDF for distribution on CD. However, the hypertext links set up in the
Frame document are lost in the conversion process. This doesn't sound right
to me; although I have no practical experience of this process, I'm sure
there must be some way to preserve the links. I know a lot of people on
this list use Acrobat and I'm hoping someone will have some useful info to
help us with this.

As I understand it, she is first converting to PostScript which adds a .PS
extension to the files. Then she converts to PDF. Somewhere along the line
there is a problem with file extensions. In the final files, the hypertext
links are inactive.

We are on NT 4.0, latest versions of Frame and Acrobat. I hope the above is
sufficient information. If anyone has any useful data to help resolve this,
I'd appreciate it.

Best,

Gen Whitt
Senior Technical Writer