Tutorial software: results

Subject: Tutorial software: results
From: Gen Whitt <Gen -dot- Whitt -at- SDINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 12:05:10 -0700

A couple of weeks ago or so I posted a request for recommendations for a
tutorial software. We are designing an on-line tutorial and wanted more
user interactivity than WinHelp could offer.

I got a lot of very helpful responses and several requests to post the
results, which follow:

Program Name Number of recommendations URL

DemoShield 4 demoshield.com
MacroMedia Director 4
AimTech?s Templar 1 aimtech.com
Authorware 4
Asymetrix Toolbook II
Instructor 5 asymetrix.com
AimTech?s IconAuthor 4 aimtech.com
(not sure of the
product name) 1 dpec.com
HyperAct?s
Interactive Help 1
WinHelp 3

I did spend an afternoon with DemoShield and it looks good but has quite a
learning curve. We finally decided that at this point, in view of the
limitations on the project, we would stick with WinHelp. However, I'm
hoping to use DemoShield for a future project.

Thanks to all of you that provided information, and I hope that these
results are useful to anyone.

Best,

Gen Whitt
Senior Technical Writer