Word 7 hangs

Subject: Word 7 hangs
From: Evelyn Barker <evelynb -at- MCSDALLAS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 11:13:08 -0500

Here's the situation:
On Wednesday I worked on my Word file using Windows NT. Everything worked fine. The doc is under 200 pages and 2 MB. My computer is left on 24 hours. When I tried to open the file on Thursday, the file would open, then the system would freeze. No error message or anything. I have plenty of memory, space, etc.

It seems to get to some point in the open process and then hang - like about 1.5 seconds into the open operation.

Here's what I've tried:
Rebooting
opening the file on someone else's machine -- it did the same thing.
Opening other documents. As long as I open them first, Word acts normally. It's only when I open this file that the system hangs.
Looking in Techwr-l archives. No luck.
Going to Microsoft tech support site. No luck.

Any ideas? TIA

Evelyn Barker
Technical Writer

MCS, Inc.
2300 Valley View Lane
Suite 800
Irving, Texas 75062

Phone: (972) 659-1514
Fax: (972) 659-1624
E-mail: evelynb -at- mcsdallas -dot- com

This message was sent using Calypso E-mail.
Check it out and download a free demonstration at http://www.mcsdallas.com.