Re: Word 7 hangs

Subject: Re: Word 7 hangs
From: Christopher Knight <knight -at- ADA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 10:02:19 PDT

To: Evelyn Barker <evelynb -at- mcsdallas -dot- com>
This is the first report I've heard of this problem in Word97, but it has
been around since Word on DOS. And it is a killer! Almost certainly, your
file has been corrupted, probably on the last save. My advice to you is
to go to the most recent backup copy, kiss the work you've done since
then goodbye, and get on with your life. The amount of time you would
spend re-entering the lost work will be less than the amount of time you
spend trying to recover the file. And let Microsoft know how much you
appreciate their efforts.