cautions and warnings

Subject: cautions and warnings
From: Rebecca Carr <rebecca -at- WHITE -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 13:19:10 -0500

8-1-97

At my company we use Caution and Warning in the following way:

A caution describes a situation that could potentially damage your
software or equipment.

A warning describes a situation that could potentially cause harm
to you.

Our Cautions and Warnings are in shaded outlined boxes (init. caps)
with an overlay of CAUTION or WARNING over the entire statement.

We put the explanations of each in the Notational Conventions section of
the Preface in a book.

Becky