AutoCAD and Word

Subject: AutoCAD and Word
From: "Klopfenstein, Ed (AFS)" <EdK -at- ACCU-FAB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 13:59:10 -0700

Bill Burns, a TW with ILE Communications Group, helped solved an
annoying problem in transferring good looking image files between
AutoCAD and Word. I thought I would share it with the group.

In AutoCAD, "export" the file to the appropriate folder (select all the
parts in the file first). Then, in Word, go "Insert," and "Picture |
Paste Special," select the saved image file and choose "links" and
"Don't save in file" in the "Paste Special" dialog box.

What you've got is a great looking AutoCAD line drawing that takes only
11 to 20k. Normal drawings saved into a Word file take up to 500k, and
regular bitmaps tend to lose some of the image quality when linked to
Word.

Thanks again to Buck Buchanan, of Citicorp, who also offered his help.

Ed Klopfenstein

Technical Writer
Accu-Fab Systems, Inc.
Corvallis, OR 97330