Microsoft buys $1.5 interest in Apple (news - not a joke, spam, flame)

Subject: Microsoft buys $1.5 interest in Apple (news - not a joke, spam, flame)
From: "Smith, Amy" <amsmith -at- PTC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 14:05:15 -0400

Greetings, techwhirlers:

Hot news from Beantown - Steve Jobs announced at MacWorld today that
Microsoft will be making a $150 million investment in Apple. The two
companies agreed to put aside a dispute over whether Microsoft infringed
on Apple's patents.

The MacWorld crowd did not take this well.

I have no religion about platforms - in fact, I'm AC/DC :-) - use a Mac
at home and an NT at work. But it was nice to have Apple around to (at a
loss for words here - counterbalance? offset?) annoy Microsoft.

And yes, I think this is relevant to technical writing, particularly the
tools we use to do our work.

Amy Smith, Documentation Manager
Parametric Technology 128 Technology Drive Waltham MA 02154
amsmith -at- ptc -dot- com

Search the archives at or search and
browse the archives at