measuring the value of a network

Subject: measuring the value of a network
From: Chris Daunhauer <cdaunhauer -at- LSIJAX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 15:10:31 -0400

Our VP recently asked us if we knew of any ways to measure (hard numbers)
the value of our new, company-wide network. Beyond saying it's better,
stronger, faster, etc., does anybody have any ideas?

Before we got our network (a few months ago), we moved files around on
tapes and floppies. We don't buy many of those anymore. I also think I
spend less on long distance phone calls now that I have e-mail addresses
for my customer contacts. Same with postage and FedEx charges now that I
can attack files to e-mail messages.

Have I missed anything?

Chris Daunhauer

cdaunhauer -at- lsijax -dot- com