Re: What is SGML?

Subject: Re: What is SGML?
From: Jim Gardner <jag -at- RAHUL -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 11:33:47 -0700

SGML is the parent of HTML, which is a Document Type Definition (DTD)
of its parent. There're many many texts on the Web about SGML and HTML,
so I won't go into the details. Try searching Yahoo! or elsewhere for both
terms.

The emergence of dynamic HTML (DHTML) and XML languages in 1997 make
this an easier disctinction to understand.

Jim Gardner