Bomb Scares

Subject: Bomb Scares
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- MARVIN -dot- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 15:59:55 -0700

Just catching up on my mail after being away for 10 days: sorry
to come in so late on this thread but it's one of my favorite
stories so I wanted to pass it along:

About 7 years ago when I worked for Ashton-Tate, there was a bomb scare
at our Torrance, CA facility. We evacuated the building and after the
police searched it, we were let into the building lobby 50 people at a
time. The police officer gave us a speech before they let us back into
our offices, asking us to search our cubicles and to make sure we
turned off any portable radios because of the radio frequency they emit.

The engineers all snickered, and we wondered who would be the first to
tell the cops that our computers alone were emitting enough RF to blow
up the building several times over if there was a bomb!

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with this
janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | message is the return address.
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8018/index.html

"The Web is the world's greatest library with all the books on the floor"
-- Patrick Casey, AP (Oklahoma)