Re: Corruption in Word 97

Subject: Re: Corruption in Word 97
From: Buck Buchanan <buck -dot- buchanan -at- CITICORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 09:03:54 -0700

> Use ZOOM in Pageview to see two pages at a time, and you CAN'T see
> facing pages together [even # on the left, yeah?]. I can't think of any
> reason I'd _want_ to see two pages at a time other than to see the
> layout of the "spread," and here they've fixed it so that you see pages
> 1 & 2, 3 & 4, and so on [odd # on the left]. Idiotic. What were they
> thinking, if indeed they _were_ thinking?

It's just one more example of how a very powerful company can lead the
industry while producing a substandard product.

There's no way that users were consulted during the writing of that
piece of ....

Buck Buchanan
Software Documentation
Citicorp Technology Center
Westlake, Texas
Speaking for me, not for them!

buck -dot- buchanan -at- citicorp -dot- com
Home: writer -at- wf -dot- net

Search the archives at or search and
browse the archives at