Re: SUMMARY: Choosing a menu option

Subject: Re: SUMMARY: Choosing a menu option
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 11:47:19 -0500

Decipherable isn't good enough. Sure, they could figure it out, but I
want to make it so easy for my readers that they forget they even read
it. Heck, %99 of what I write, the reader could figure out by playing
with the software long enough. The value I add is in making it easy.

My preference is for the "File | Open" format, but it's more important
(in this case) to be consistent than to be right, so I do what the rest
of my company does, which is what the MMoS says: "On the File menu,
click Open."

Mike Huber
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com