Re: Monitor/Resolutions

Subject: Re: Monitor/Resolutions
From: John Posada <JOHN -dot- POSADA -at- EY -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:19:16 -0400

Only speaking for myself...

This needs to be addressed as a standard within an organization. You have to
look at your viewing community. Forinstance, I may access my internet via
ISDN. Therefore, am I justified for putting a 200k image in the header of my
web page? Just because some may have an ultra-high res station, others in the
organization may not. Always develop for the lowest reasonable denominator.

I do web development at my organization and we've standardized on 600X800.
True, some have higher, but some use laptops with lower.

John Posada

08/15/97 10:23 AM
Please respond to ac158 -at- CHEBUCTO -dot- NS -dot- CA @ INTERNET
To: TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU @ INTERNET
cc:
Subject: Monitor/Resolutions

Does anyone have the "definitive" answer as to what the prevailing (if
not "standard") screen resolution most computer users use is? And, if they
are capable of higher resolutions, why don't they use them?

Thanks.

- ST

Suzanne Townsend
ac158 -at- chebucto -dot- ns -dot- ca