Re: Legacy help projects and job openings

Subject: Re: Legacy help projects and job openings
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 14:04:55 -0400

Hi, Julie,

We have a similar problem -- our product runs on two operating systems,
but 99% of the material is the same. Instead of two separate help
systems,
we maintain one set of files for the common stuff. Then we have separate
files for our platform-specific info. I set up two separate HPJs that
each
include the common files, then their specific files, so two versions of
the help
are built from essentially one set of files. We do some more stuff with
the way
we set up the directory structure within the code tree -- let me know
off-line
if you want more info.

Thanks,
A.