Daily Messages

Subject: Daily Messages
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 19:30:02 +0100

Hello,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von jag -at- RAHUL -dot- NET an All am 21.08.97

jj> From: Jim Gardner <jag -at- RAHUL -dot- NET>

jj> Arnold Colodner <arnold_colodner -at- MAIL -dot- STIL -dot- SCITEX -dot- COM> wrote:
jj>
jj> > Sometimes I can open my email in the morning and find
jj> about 100
jj> > messages. If I am away for a long weekend, the list is so
jj> much longer.
jj> > Too few of the messages are useful and helpful. Most are
jj> not. WHY?
jj>
jj>
jj> So why not just switch to the DIGEST version?

At TECHWR-L you are "lucky" that you could do that. I defenitely *deny* the
digest function to the users of my mailing lists (send a message to
info -at- twh -dot- msn -dot- sub -dot- org for more info about them). My motives are simple: You
cannot take part in any discussions if you get the digest. Don't expect me to
read *any* message with a "digest of..." subject.

Simply solve the problem and do not look for a work-around: Get an e-mail
editor with filter functions like Eudora (http://www.qualcomm.com, freeware
for several platforms). Then all messages from every mailing list you receive
are sorted into separate folders for every mailing list.

I get some 300 messages a day in some 10 mailing lists and have no problems to
cope with them: I read perhaps 20 messages, answer 5 and let all expire after
a few days.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance Technical Writer (electronics, software)