Time for RFD:misc.writing.tech (was: TOO MUCH SPEW)

Subject: Time for RFD:misc.writing.tech (was: TOO MUCH SPEW)
From: Jim Strohm <jstrohm -at- TEXAS -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 22:04:40 -0500

After only three days on this list I've pulled the plug.

More than a hundred emails in two days is more than my mailbox
can handle. This is worse than being on CyberPromo's "Greatest Hits"
list.

One of you technical writers who has more time than me needs
to write the RFD to turn this list into a legitimate newsgroup.
If each subscriber voted "Yes," we could have a group. I estimate
that there's more than 200 posters here, and perhaps four times that
many lurkers.

You can find instructions on writing new NG proposals in all the
usual places. If I wasn't so busy, I'd do it just to protect my
mailbox from all of you.

If you reply to the list, be aedvised that in 5 minutes I'll cease to
receive listmail...if yoiu want to flame me you'll have to add
jstrohm -at- texas -dot- net to your To: list.

Have a nice day/night/week/list. I can't afford the time to be here.

Jim

Jim Strohm
jstrohm -at- texas -dot- net