CTS - what worked for me

Subject: CTS - what worked for me
From: Miki Magyar <MDM0857 -at- MCDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 12:46:55 -0600

Since I haven't seen this posted yet, I'll de-lurk to offer my experience. I
was getting CTS symptoms and mentioned it to the trainer at the gym
where I was working out. He suggested wrist curls. I found that if I do
them regularly, my symptoms disappear . If I slack off, they come back.

To do wrist curls, use light weights (I use 10#, YWMV). Sit with your
forearms resting on your thighs, hold the weights palm down, and lift
your wrist only through the full range of up-down motion. Repeat 10
times, then reverse so your palms are up and do another 10 reps. Do as
many sets as you can comfortably. I found that 5-10 minutes once a day
was enough.

The comments about taking regular breaks and watching your posture
are right - do it.

Regards,
Miki
mikim -at- mcdata -dot- com